Sunday, July 14, 2024

Power of Tinkering

As a trained Intelligence Analyst for the US Army we have a motto - "Jack of All Trades, Master of None"

We know a little about a lot and that makes us more useful than most. 

The question is did that training incept my lifestyle or was I this way and found a way to apply it professionally?  

I enjoy learning new things. Going from zero to one. 

Applying energy towards something for short bursts is enjoyable.  

So I find myself in life that can kinda, sorta do a lot of very different things but none of them as well as the best professionals.  

That makes me better in a lot of ways but with some very serious tradeoffs and limitations. 

Most people cannot be a PhD or a speciality MD. It is a rare breed to be able to have a drill deep on a small surface area. Thankful those people exist. 

Most people can do what I do. Learn a little about a lot. The more areas, tradecraft, abilities you can learn a little in makes your circle of competence a touch wider. 

Before you know it you find yourself in the company of one. A person who only has your experiences, abilities, skillsets, and knowledge. 

That can be very valuable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Sales Pitch

 Selling comes down to providing value to the customer.  That's it.  If you have something that ameliorates a pain point you get the sal...